Hallo Xaratare! I have a question that may seem weird to some, but is there a way to download the Book 1 without using amazone™? For example directly from the site, like I just did for book 2? I'm even willing to pay, if it means I can avoid Bezos' bizness! Thanks for your good work and gifts, Tschüß
It's a free book so you aren't giving Amazon anything. I think per the rules that I can't just send it to you. But as it is a free book, you don't have to worry about helping Amazon.
May I ask how people from Australia like me, can get it. The Amazon site sends me to the Aussie site and it does not list your books at all. Love your stories by the way.
I had the honour of being one of the proofreaders for this book and all I can say is - awesome!!
The book is so good , it pulls you in and holds you - no spoilers but I was surprised quite a few times.
Raythe, this book was massive and I can understand why you are worn out but you've had a couple of days off now so chop chop next part please - next week would be good!!! Lololololol
About having book 3 next week: *deep breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! *deep breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
But I'm so glad you liked it. I wanted there to be surprises and yeah, it's long. So very, very long...
Are you at that stage of thinking "Why the hell did I start this thing????"
Don't worry I thoroughly believe you are up to the task ♡♡♡
Nooooooo. I love the story, but it was grueling to write with everything else and day job and everything. But it was worth it.
I’ve read about a third of the book so far and here are my first comments!!
1. I’m glad we finally learned from Rohan that he had put a stop to the murder of any Fae in his land when he became king. I was wondering about that, because it definitely doesn’t feel like him to kill people for their race. I’m still surprised that such orders were seemingly given by his Uncle - it’s really cruel and unfair to kill people just because the king of their race allegedly killed the human king and queen…
2. I was super excited to get more scenes between Rohan and Finn in this 2nd book, but beside the very sweet scene where Rohan is cradling Finn and trying to ease his pain, of course you keep them separated! XD Evil you!!! A third of the book in, and they still haven’t talked to each other at all lol.
I still have hope that they’ll be reunited before the end of the book though! *fingers crossed*
I know you usually try to put a least one sex scene in each book so that gives me hope they’ll meet again and have good time together later in the book… hopefully… *puppy eyes*
3. It was absolutely heart-wrenching to read the scene where Thalanil tells Maeve about the tattoo-like thing, as it’s clear that such a tattoo has already appeared on her body… and when he casually says he would kill her kid to keep her safe if she was ever pregnant with a death magic user. She was pregnant with a death magic user right when you told her that you asshole!! your own son!!! idiot!
It must have been so horrible for Maeve to take all this information in at once — that her son might kill her, that there was some dark prophecy about him, that the love of her life would kill their son if he learned the truth… I really felt for her :’(
4. I admit I laughed when Finn thought that surely his mother couldn’t have fallen in love with a man such as Marikoth. Remember who she married, Finn?? In your place I wouldn’t be so sure that your mom has great taste in men!! XD
But I understand of course that Finn hopes his father is a good man. I do wonder how his meeting with Thalanil will go…
5. WHAT’S WITH YOU AND GIANT SPIDERS RAYTHE??? SERIOUSLY??!!!!
*shivers and hides under her covers*
6. FINN, STOP TALKING TO THIS DUDE AND JUST TAKE LIFE FROM AROUND YOU TO HEAL YOURSELF DAMMIT
you have magic, remember??!!!
7. the idea of life being *too much* for Fae to handle is very interesting! There are many stories when supposedly wise people say « there must be a balance between life and death », but in none of those stories we really see how balance would be better than just having life without death. So I really loved your take on this!
I’m having a great time reading so far and I can’t wait to read more! Hoping our heroes will be reunited soon… but I’ll probably have to wait a while yet.
Goodie! I LOVE THIS! I should have done this before with the other books to know what you guys were thinking.
1. I had one idea for him before I wrote the books and then realized he would never do that, but Hugues would... My original idea was that he would be moved by rage, but he's not. He's angry and wants justice for his parents, but he's not been destroyed by it.
2. You are right to be hopeful. But you're going to kill me anyways!
3. I'm so glad that was what you took from it! She was stunned beyond words. She would never let Finn be hurt so she barred the love of her life from her side when she needed him most.
4. I DID think about that because Gerard is a really, really bad dude as we will have confirmed in book 3.
5. Uhm, I like them? Or rather hate them and want to share that hatred with you... hugs
6. LOL! Yeah...
7. I wanted to really show how it wasn't working in either area.
I can't wait to hear what you think as you read more!
Ok I'm further in my read (almost at the end! T.T), here are some more thoughts:
1. Am I the only one who kinda hoped that Finn and Leonid would ride the giant monster with a horse head? x)
2. me watching Rohan wake up with Finn safely in his arms: AAAAAWWWWWW my heart is melting aaaahhhh (*sobs*)
Raythe did I already mentioned that i love u? because i do
My heart melts every time they cuddle.
3. me, watching Leonid and Serxio bicker with each other: now kiss
4. when the vines are blocking the road
me: « ok Finn, show them all how your magic can help them and isn’t to be feared! »
Finn: *destroys half the forest*
that is so very true!!
I finished reading last night, and I was SO ANGRY at Thalanil I had to move away from my computer or else I would have punched my computer while trying to punch Thalanil in the face!!!!
I don't even understand why Thalanil is so angry at Rohan? What did Rohan ever do to him??? And wasn't Thalanil friend with Rohan's parents? We know he didn't kill Rohan's parents, and that him putting up the Wall had nothing to do with any disliking of the Rirea kingdom, or fear of being invaded or whatever. So why is he angry at Rohan at all??? Plus Finn CLEARLY wants Rohan to stay by his side! I so want to bitch slap Thalanil omgggg!!!!!!!
When I think that they could have solved most of their problems here and then!!! Since Thalanil didn't want to kill Finn after all, they could have all had a nice reunion, where everyone makes up and they ally against their common enemy, then Finn and Rohan get married and everyone is happy. But no. This IDIOT ruined it all.
Well to be fair, it's not like we should have expected anything good from a man who allows slavery in his kingdom. I hope someone will slap his perfect face at some point.
Thalanil has REASONS for his hatred, which we will find out next book but it is a hatred born of suspicion and he might be wrong just like Rohan has been wrong, but we will see. He also, I think, is still reeling from discovering what Maeve did. He's loved her all this time despite his claims and was brokenhearted. He thinks humans are untrustworthy with Fae hears, but again both Finn and Rohan are also part Fae.
Thalanil being slapped lol! Sigh. That would be something.
1. They may show up again, so there's hope it could happen!
2. Yeah, he felt the same way! A warm, weight against him.
3. LOL! I know! They do have a little bit of that vibe, but they are just good friends.
4. ROFL! Seriously, it didn't quite work out properly, did it?
Did anyone else need a whole ass pot of soothing tea after that wild ride?!?!?! *pants* holy crap i still feel like i ran a marathon through a roller coaster track, loop de loops and all!
it's fascinating that we see Marikoth and Finn as two outcomes of being born a death mage. Marikoth has seemed to let the greed for more life warp his personality, most probably because he had no grounding social circle, (Or an Auternal fae buddy) to keep him anchored in sanity. honestly, it makes tons of sense to me that Death mage powers actually have a specific cost. they are said to be the most powerful and the most rare, that higher reward would DEMAND a higher risk just due to the laws of balances, which the fae are so fond of.
Someone give Raythe a hand kiss for writing Thalanil's reaction to being called Father by his son. It was JUST the kind of poignant reaction that i was SERIOUSLY craving and I ATE IT UP.
Does anyone else want to make guesses at how and why Finn (as cinderella) would need to go to a ball in Rohan's honor with a time limit? (these being the requisite broad strokes of the cinderella story, which we have totally just BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER because the story Raythe wanted to tell was too bombastically amazing to be so limited.) I say that Finn is kept under the thumb of his daddy for all of like, a few days before he proclaims, "Fuck this, I want my boyfriend" and steals away across the wall, and Finn has a limited amount of time to find Rohan, and just when they are about to have their requisite sloppy makeouts, Fae Daddy shows up to collect his son.
Oooh I do wonder if we'll have a ball in this story! Didn't think about it to be honest.
What I did imagine in my head was Rohan's uncle going to every home in the Kingdom in search of Rohan, or the young man who stole his heart, or any information about where Rohan might be. Because Rohan has probably been missing for weeks now in Rirea.
So I can totally imagine the uncle showing up at Finn's estate looking for clues. The 2 brothers are the only ones who know that they have gone beyond the Wall. And if they search in Finn's things, they can find Rohan's cloak, that he gave to Finn in Book 1.
I also expect that the uncle might have made progress in finding the tree with leaves of glass, since it's been weeks already for him.
I can't wait for Book 3!!!!
There will be a ball...
The idea that the uncle finds the cloak... oh, that's fascinating. Yes, it's like the shoe! Hmmmm, now gotta use this, too.
Yes, has he found that tree...
Marikoth is a fascinating villain and a study in how a good person can be dragged into madness. He's more a Caemorn, but really nuts. So he's rather tragic, but he's ruthless as we'll see.
Thalanil always wanted a child with Maeve and to have a son like Finn! Yeah, it stunned him. He wants to be a good daddy.
I absolutely LOVE this idea you have about the midnight issue. I'm using it and pretending I thought it up all on my own... lol!