As you know there are nine Dragon Shifters in Dragon's Reign, but these are the only ones I've actually talked about:
Dragon King Valerius
Power: Fire plus others undiscovered.
Main Seat of Power: US
Power: Ice plus others undiscovered.Main Seat of Power: None
Dragon Queen Esme
Power: Water plus others undiscovered.
Main Seat of Power: UK
Dragon Queen Mei
Power: Magma plus others undiscovered.
Main Seat of Power: China
Dragon King Illarion
Power: Poison plus others undiscovered.
Main Seat of Power: Russia
That leaves us FOUR Dragon Shifters unaccounted for. And I want you to help me design them. We did this a while ago but so much has changed, so I wanted to give us a fresh chance to design the other four. How do we do this?
In the comments, please answer the following:
1. Dragon King or Queen Name
2. Name of Spirit
3. Coloring of Dragon
4. Size of Dragon (Small, Medium, Large, Titanic)
6. Personality of Human and Spirit
7. Appearance of Human Form
8. Main Seat of Power
Once we figure out the rest of the Dragon Shifters, I am going to request Mathia Arkoniel, our amazing artist, to paint all of them. Mathia is hard at work on DateAVampire Volume 3, so the illustrations will take some time, but we'll get them all.
I cannot wait to see what you come up with! Have fun!
So first I'd like to post again the two Ideas I had last time:
1. Dragon King or Queen Name: King Raj (means earl)
2. Name of Spirit: Tuci (dust in Tamil)
3. Coloring of Dragon: grey stone like scales , looks kind of like a gargoly that sits on an church roof
4. Size of Dragon (Small, Medium, Large, Titanic): large
5. Power(s): Ashes/dust, can form things from ashes/dust, can compress them to wappons/shieldes
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: From the personality he is very calm and collected, but if you piss him of he loses all reason
7. Appearance of Human Form: Huge man looks kind of like a fighter monk, think a bit like assasins creed, bald, eyes a cold grey the color of stone, very muscular
8. Main Seat of Power: Himalaya, Nepal, Tibet, India
1. Dragon King or Queen Name: King Nahele (means forest)
2. Name of Spirit: Selva (means Rainforest)
3. Coloring of Dragon: scales like polished dark walnut wood, wings light green looking like new leaves
4. Size of Dragon (Small, Medium, Large, Titanic): titanic
5. Power(s): Hot mist like geyser, can control all plants
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: from the personality he is very cunning and insidious, a very dangerous enemy
7. Appearance of Human Form: beautiful native American man, with waist length strait hair the color of his scales, eyes light green the color of his wings, lightly tanned golden complexion, big but lean swimmer type
8. Main Seat of Power: South America
And a third new one:
1. Dragon King or Queen Name: King Soturi (warrior in Finnish)
2. Name of Spirit: Sumu (mist in Finnish)
3. Coloring of Dragon: Very lite Blue nearly turquoise think on Glaicier Ice
4. Size of Dragon (Small, Medium, Large, Titanic): Small
5. Power(s): Can control Mist, can turn into mist
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: feisty and cunning and very intelligent, startegieses a lot in the long cold nights up north, a force you should not underestimate, was a viking but always underestimated because of his aperiance which resuted in a lot of death when he was human. When he sees Iolaire he thinks that it schuld belong to him because the Ice power fits his mist and the region he lives in. Valerius does not take that very well^^
7. Appearance of Human Form: Very lite Blonde hair nearly white, glacier blue /turquoise eyes, small and frail
8. Main Seat of Power: Northern Europe like Sweden/Norway
First, I would like to advocate for a Keil's old suggestions! Especially the pirate who stole carp shifters from Mei.
1. Name: King Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui ["world shaker"; ninth Sapa Inca of the Inca civilization, of course]
2. Name of Spirit: Inti
3. Coloring of Dragon: Golden
4. Size of Dragon: Large
5. Power(s): breath of darkness (blinds opponents, unless burned off by fire--this is why he doesn't contest Valerius as the leader of dragons); Earthquake caller (of course, with that name!)
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: Absolute ambition, for both. Inti joined Pachacuti during the Chanka invasion. Pachacuti was not his father's heir when this occurred, but he was the only one of the royal family who chose to stay and fight. [btw: this is historically accurate!]
Inti felt Pachacuti's rage and contempt for his family that had fled, leaving him to defend their people alone. Both feel that slights must be avenged, although Inti is less likely to be offended than Pachacuti, who feels he is "owed" respect due to his royal lineage in his pre-Spirit life. Pachacuti believes he is naturally due the best of everything, but deep down there's this little part of him that wonders why he wasn't chosen as heir before everything went to hell. So, daddy issues, and this spills over onto Valerius a bit: on the one hand, he wants Valerius' approval, wants to be consulted on issues and included in Valerius' circle of trust; on the other, he wishes he could take Valerius' spot, and believes he would do a better job of it.
Inti believes similarly--it joined Pachacuti because of their similar feelings of ambition, feeling a lack of appreciation, and that typical dragon-rage--so Inti would topple Raziel if it could, but knows it can't.
Pachacuti can be charming and courtly but only on his own terms, generally if he feels the person is sufficiently "important" enough to bother (e.g., other dragons) or if he wants something. He is exquisitely polite to Valerius, but he will view Chione and Marban as servants. Strangely enough, he is kind to his own servants--his people--but dismisses the "servants" of others as "lesser," because they've given their power to another, the surest recipe for betrayal.
His redeeming quality is that he would die to defend those he considers his own people--he is a good king, a good administrator, and he feels his duties as a "royal" keenly. In other words, a competent narcissist.
He will try to court Caden, in part because he feels he is "owed" the best of everything, but once he arrives and sees that Valerius is invested in Caden, it will turn into a contest to him. He will view it as a different battle ground, one where he might be able to win! The knowledge that he can't beat Valerius dragon-to-dragon annoys him greatly. Getting one over on Valerius would soothe him, a bit.
His spirit, on the other hand, does NOT approve of his courtship plan. Inti knows that Raziel is Iolaire's best match. Inti will actually be on Iolaire's side as soon as they meet, which will confuse Pachacuti greatly. Inti is the only being Pachacuti trusts implicitly, and Inti's disapproval will either make Pachacuti a better person (maybe forming a friendship with Caden), or make him even more arrogant and impossible to deal with.
7. Appearance of Human Form: About 5'-5"; black hair, brown eyes with golden flecks.
8. Main Seat of Power: When dragons redistributed the world amongst themselves, Pachacuti thought it was a sign to return to his homeland: Peru. He controls South America.
I really like the idea of using actual historical figures, and I love your characterization of him. Also, I second your opinion about Keil's old suggestions.
A competent narcissist! Now perfectly snooty lol! I'd love to see this character make an appearance. Plus the love/HATE/loathe/envy relationship I can see him having with Valerius could lead to many laughs. Also he's pretty short. Do I sense a napolean complex? Great character building and good job on the accurate historical information!
Raythe - In the plushie chapter, when Valerious was smashing dragon plushies, you mentioned a purple dragon plushie and a yellow dragon plushie. So that's 7 out of 9 dragon colors accounted for.
As for the other 2, I really want a shimmery orange dragon and an Indigo dragon to complete the plushie rainbow.
Welcome aboard! Maybe we can put on puppy dog faces and convince Mathia to draw a picture of all the Dragon plushies together!
1. Dragon Queen Yolotzin
5. Thunder, electricity
6. Yolotzin´s personality: calm, stoic, believes in armony, supports the balanced coexistence between nature, animals and humans. Values the stregth and protects what considers hers. She hates the unjustified murder but approves retalation when there´s reason (but first one must present the facts in a trial). Forbids waste. Recycles all.
Erandi´s personality: warm, compasionate, loves to meditate to solve problems and discord. Wants for every beign to be alive and well. Does not like violence but will not hesistate to fight for what it deems right. Knows that mother Earth has a plan for every one. Likes to say that "Nature is wise".
7. Yolotzin´s appearance: olive skin, 5´3 height, long dark straight hair, brown eyes. Wears single color garments that enhances with colorful jewelry and make up. Lean muscles, fast reflexes. Used to be a night vigilant for her people to evade surprise attacks from the white colonizers.
8. Latin America
1. Dragon King or Queen Name: King Ometecuhtli/ Queen Omecíhuatl (able to shift genders) literally the Aztec main dual god. Born into this world as a real life god and worshiped as such.
2. Name of Spirit: Omeyocan
3. Coloring of Dragon: Earthy brown with glistening gold accents, golden horns, gold veined scales, gold talons
4. Size of Dragon (Small, Medium, Large, Titanic): Large
5. Power(s): vibrations, sound waves. Can cause earth quakes, tidal waves, other disturbances with sonic roar. Also has a sonar power to track people, things. Can disturb a person’s state, like cause great physical (like headaches to death) or feelings (like anger or love) with their vibrations.
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: male personality is proud calculating and a bit selfish. female personality is thoughtful, compassionate, selfless.
7. Appearance of Human Form: ok, so there are 3 forms. The main one being an androgynous amalgamation of male and female. Beautiful russet skin, sparkling eyes like black diamonds, ancient indigenous American features. The dual form takes on a balanced aspect of their personality and is a fair and just ruler. Conflict or necessity brings on the polar opposites of their personality and their body is changed thusly.
8. Main Seat of Power: South America
Hope that gives you a start to go by! If you like it that is.
1. Dragon King Khari (means like a king orgins from africa)
2. Name of Spirit: Amare (means one who builds)
3. Coloring of Dragon: oxidized copper
4. Size of Dragon: Titanic
5. Power(s): has control of earth including sand
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: Khari was the son of a tribe leader and was a warrior who led his people to great glory. By his side was his brother in arms Tor, son of his tribes greatest ally. Though their exact origins have been lost to time it is know that their dragon bonded to them when they were the last two of their warriors standing against a great invasion, even after all their people had been slain. Khari was moved by his strength, bravery and resilience. Amre and Zuberi (Tor's dragon) are brothers and only wanted to be with humans that had a bond just as strong. Khari now rules justly but with an iron fist, his word is absolute. He also has a counsel of elders that represent all the areas of his territory. Tor is still his greatest ally and they meet often to better there territories. Both often go to the others territories to help with agricultural needs to make sure all of Africa prospers.
Amare like to keep his feet on the ground, where he is most powerful, only flying when necessary. His body is also built for more blunt force than speed. He has a bulky, muscular body and a large bashing weapon at the end of his tail and a shorter neck than any of the other dragons. Having a large horn on the end of his nose and two large horns on either side of his face that are front facing so that he may dig and head bash the earth to help him manipulate it. He has a very passive personality, but when angered he can shake the earth without meaning too. The only thing Amare really cares about it making his territory look beautiful, he considers it is treasure, and his brother Zuberi.
7. Appearance of Human Form: around 6 ft, Beautiful dark blue black skin, no hair even eyebrows. He wants to have few outward marking so that he can represent all of his people, not just one group. Appears to be in his early 30's.
8. Main Seat of Power: Northern Half of Africa
1. Dragon King Tor (meaning leader or ruler)
2. Name of Spirit: Zuberi (powerful)
3. Coloring of Dragon: Copper
4. Size of Dragon: Large
5. Power(s): has control of air which also allows him to control weather. Can also use air as a weapon.
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: Tor was the son of a tribe leader and was a warrior who led his people to great glory. By his side was his brother in arms Khari, son of his tribes greatest ally. Though their exact origins have been lost to time it is know that their dragon bonded to them when they were the last two of their warriors standing against a great invasion, even after all their people had been slain. Zuberi was moved by his strength, bravery and resilience. Zuberi and Amare (Khari's dragon) are brothers and only wanted to be with humans that had a bond just as strong. Tor now rules justly but with an iron fist, his word is absolute. He also has a counsel of elders that represent all the areas of his territory. Khari is still his greatest ally and they meet often to better there territories. Both often go to the others territories to help with agricultural needs to make sure all of Africa prospers.
Zuberi is much more exuberant then his brother and often drags him along. Zuberi loves flying and is often seen flying over his country. His freedom and his brother are his the most important things to him. He often uses his powers to control the weather and protect Africa from weather related disasters. He hates fighting is often very happy and finds humor in everything. His has a set of fin like sails that start at the base of his wings and go along the sides of this tail that go all the way to the tip of his tail. He can lay them flat or have them out which allows him to glide for long periods of time and use less energy.
7. Appearance of Human Form: around 5 ft 9ish, medium dark skin with warm undertones, dreads down to between his shoulders often braids them. He follows Khari's example and has few outward marking so that he can represent all of his people, not just one group, though he refused to give up his hair. Appears to be in his early 30's.
8. Main Seat of Power: Southern Half of Africa
1. Dragon Queen: Elsilda
2. Name of Spirit: Blixt
3. Coloring of Dragon: Silver
4. Size of Dragon: Large
5. Power(s): Wind and lightning
6. Personality of Human and Spirit: introverted, can be harsh but fair. Tries to see things from all possible angles. No nonsense attitude. Dragon half can be very playful and competitive, spontaneous and flashy, so they balance each other out and compliment each other.
7. Appearance of Human Form: tall, icy/cool coloring
8. Main Seat of Power: Scandinavia
This would be cool if she was like or looked like the Viking Queen from the TV show "Vikings". The one with the Braids down the side of her head.
1. Dragon King
Aarav (means peaceful and wisdom)
2. Name of Spirit
Vihaan (means Dawn or begining of new era)
3. Coloring of dragon
Bronze and black
4. Seize of dragon
To grow vegetation. To submit any spirit momentarily, to it's will except of dragons.
6. Personality of Human and Spirit
Both feel affinity towards broken things and feel the obligation to amend the wrong done by others. Aarav is Kind and supportive. Vihaan has a tolerant and forgiving nature.
7. Appearance of Human Form:
Tall and lean, light tan skin with bronze eye color. Shoulder length hair slightly curled at the bottom.
8. Main Seat of Power
Dragon King Vincent
Spirit name: Yuyuun
Powers: Sonar (echo location/ concussive blasts)
Personality/ies: Vincent is aloof and detached, vain but fair. Seemingly uninterested but highly intelligent. Yuyuun is not the strongest or the largest but they make up for it in creativity.
The larger Dragons have sway over elements but Yuyuun can utilize their screams in ways the other Dragon shifters cannot.
Appearance: Copper skin, long raven hair and Hazel Owllike eyes that stare right through you. Vincent is tall with broad shoulders, is leanly muscled with proportional limbs.
Vincent has a preference to indigos that mirror his other self. They wear elegant draping robes that drag behind them and are artfully disrobed with ease.
Happy to help you find your inspiration, hope this helps!
Hehe, thank you! I felt most the elements would be covered and thought it would be different. So, to me, Yuyuun would look something like a Bat/Manta with a serpentine twist.
Just trying to be vague enough to provide some inspiration.
Vincent sounds like a very snooty man's man. I love the idea of his indigo robes. Plus his human form sounds delicious!